24 June 2014: A series of interesting papers presented at the first UCL symposium on energy, people and society include a number of case studies focused in London, which include:
- District Heating in Pimlico: Analysing the social contract created through energy infrastructure available here.
- Capturing the Social Value of Retrofit at Scale (a case study in Poplar) available here
- Heritage and Environmental Values in Sustaining Heritage Domestic Buildings: A Residents’ Perspective (case study in Walthamstow) available here
- Greenroofs and Sustainability: Energy, Performance, Time (case studies across London) available here
- Urban Energy Landscapes available here