May 2013: Waltham Forest have posted details of work being done to establish a new network for ‘green’ SMEs.
“North London boroughs are working together to develop a network of SMEs (small and medium sized enterprises) located in the North London area delivering energy efficient retrofit services and installations. The Council is working to promote uptake of energy retrofit in each borough.
The Council wants to build upon and support existing local supply chains to deliver this work. This will grow the local green economy and develop an SME/labour market that can be exported beyond North London.
The aims of the North London Retrofit SME Network are:
- Create a directory of SME builders and installers who carry out green retrofit in North London. The North London SME Retrofit Directory is open to any SME delivering retrofit services located in the boroughs of Waltham Forest, Camden, Enfield, Haringey, Islington and Newham
- Start a forum to hear from local SMEs how Councils can support locally delivered retrofit in North London
- Create networking opportunities among SMEs working in the area
- Strengthen links with local training providers
- Sign post local retrofit SMEs towards the different initiatives offering support and training in this growing market both locally and London wide
To find out more about the North London Retrofit SME Directory and Network please email: firstname.lastname@example.org