July 2016: The GLA have issued a tender to secure a range of services related to supporting the growth of decentralised energy projects in the capital:
- developing business cases and business plans for DE projects
- structuring templates for project delivery
- providing commercial advise to private and public sector clients in negotiating key agreements
- assessing different delivery vehicles and ownership structures, such as Public Private Partnership (PPP) options — Special Purpose Vehicle (SPV) and Joint Venture (JV) structures
- producing early project commercial documentation (including risk registers) and agreements
- working with financial advisors in providing guidance on possible funding sources, including maintaining relationships with banks and investment boutiques
- in-depth knowledge of energy markets, energy trading and negotiations.
Much of the work undertaken in this area to date, carried out by the GLA through the Decentralised Energy Project Delivery Unit (DEPDU) – which officially closed in July 2015 – is posted online at www.londonheatmap.org.uk.