March 2013: An update on progress of the Low Carbon London programme as it moves into the trial phase – the key areas for which are:
- Smart metering (SM) – monitoring residential and commercial electricity use and trialling variable tariff pricing to shift consumption behaviour.
- Small-scale embedded generation (SSEG) – quantify generation output, understand demand and manage techniques for accommodating these connections.
- Electric vehicles (EV) – understand and influence EV charging patterns and manage the impact on the electricity network.
- Distributed energy (DE)/Distributed generation (DG) – active network monitoring (ANM) – quantify generation output, understand how to facilitate and manage DG and how active control can be used by DNOs.
- Demand response (DR) – understand the potential to postpone/defer electricity network reinforcement during peak demand.
Further information on Low Carbon London here.