- Took three months to build
- Is installed at the Queen Elizabeth Reservoir at Walton on Thames, just outside of Kingston, and is the size of eight football pitches
- Consists of 23,000 solar panels attached to floats allowing the panels to sit on the water
- Will contribute to Thames Water target to generate 33% of its energy demand from renewable energy by 2020
- Has had to be installed quickly to meet the 31 March 2016 deadline for large solar projects under the Government’s Renewable Obligation policy.