April 2020: Paper published in Energy Policy Volume 138, March 2020. Highlights of this study are that:
- Level of awareness of community and in-home energy storage is very low.
- Attitudes towards and acceptance of energy storage are significantly related to affect.
- Financial cost is viewed as a major barrier to household adoption of batteries.
- Public authorities are perceived as key trusted actors for delivering energy storage.
- Community Energy Storage (CES) is better accepted if benefits accrue to the same community.
Open access paper available here.