March 2012: The UK-GBC Green Building Guidance Task Group has created a number of documents to help Local Planning Authorities (LPAs) and the new neighbourhood forums to “understand sustainability issues, to ensure they achieve a balance between requiring robust sustainability standards but also ensuring development remains viable.” Notes produced cover issues on climate change adaptation, climate change mitigation and energy. Download notes from UKGBC website here.
Other useful resources for planners include:
- London Plan Climate Change Mitigation and Climate Change Adaptation policies
- CLG PPS 1 supplement on climate change draft – this was never finalised and has been superseded by the new National Planning Policy Framework (NFFP) – released yesterday – however, it still provides some useful guidance that local authorities may wish to consider when drawing up their own policies.
- TCPA – ‘Planning for Climate Change: guidance and model policies for local authorities‘
- Community energy: urban planning for a low carbon future
- Community energy: planning, development and delivery