13 January 2021: The Camden New Journal’s latest issue has taken climate change as its core theme looking at what actions have been taken in the borough since the council declared a Climate Emergency over a year ago. The paper highlights that once a fringe issue the Council must now consider the environmental impact on every decision it takes. A selection of the articles contained within the paper are linked directly below.
- We’re taking action on climate change by Camden Council’s Leader Cllr Georgia Gould
- More trees, more electric car chargers by Cllr Oliver Cooper
- We must help residents to go green: ‘Other cities like Chicago have pledged to ‘green every roof’. I want London to do the same’ By Cllr Luisa Porrit
- We must keep pushing for more to be done before it’s too late ‘We need stronger planning and building rules and better tax incentives’ Cllr Sian Berry
- Environmental campaigns can’t just be ‘white faces’ – Camden’s Youth MP Athian Akec.
- How church reached for power from above – St Anne’s Church in Highgate helped kickstart a push towards green energy. It became the first collaborator with Power Up North London (PUNL)
- Climate change means ‘ordinary people’ are now rebels XR activist says people have seen that ‘major change’ can be achieved